Are you also browsing to learn the best cosmetic treatment for wrinkles? You are not alone in this, believe us! Nonetheless, your search ends here. This post will be explaining several cosmetic treatments for wrinkles and places where to get it; Microneedling London, Dermabrasion UK, Retinoids etc,.
But do you know what causes wrinkles? Before moving further with the treatments, we suggest you understand the anatomy of wrinkles and why & how wrinkles appear on your skin.
What are Wrinkles?
Wrinkles are biologically natural lines or creases on the body which can become evident with the passing of age. Like a fabric gets a crease when folded, so does the skin which are called wrinkles. They are mostly evident in places like the neck, forehead, sides of mouth, nose, etc,.
Causes for Wrinkles: aging, facial muscles contractions, prolonged sun exposure, lesser collagen, etc,.
Moving further, we will now discuss top 5 non-cosmetic wrinkle treatment options and their benefits and side effects respectively.
It is a cosmetic procedure which involves pricking the skin with tiny sterilized needles induced with collagen. This results in production of more collagen in your skin making it look more younger.
Pros Of Microneedling:
- Treat acne issues
- Beneficial in balding issues like Alopecia
- Treating Hyper-pigmentation related issues
- Increase skin elasticity
- Treating scars, stretch marks, fine wrinkles etc
Cons Of Microneedling:
- Bleeding and peeling (in some cases)
- Bruising and redness on targeted area (in rare cases)
- Can case infection
Retinoids include components like retinol, retinal Aldehyde, retinyl esters, adapalene, tazarotene and tretinoin chemicals that come from the vitamin-A family. These chemicals are beneficial in reducing fine lines, wrinkles, dark spots, and improves skin texture and hydration level of your skin.
Pros Of Retinoids:
- Helps in skin tightening
- Exfoliates and purifies the skin
- Boosting collagen production
- Reducing wrinkles and fine lines
- Treating dark spots and scars
Cons Of Retinoids:
- Can result in dryness and irritation
- May result in skin color change
- Sensitivity to sunlight
- Redness and blistering
- Swelling or crusting of skin
Dermabrasion is a procedure of scraping away the upper most damaged layer of your skin. This treatment removes the fine lines and wrinkles or any kind of irregularities from your skin by removing the upper layer of your skin.
Pros Of Dermabrasion:
- Reduces fine lines and wrinkles
- Reduces dark spots
- More intense than Microdermabrasion
- Reduces scar from bruises or accidents
Cons Of Dermabrasion:
- Can cause skin irritation and scarring
- Can result in skin color change
- Increases skin sensitivity after treatment
- Can even cause infection
Laser skin resurfacing
Laser skin resurfacing is the procedure of wrinkles and skin irregularities removal through the laser technique. A concentrated pulsing beam of light is focused on the targeted area to get the satisfied result.
Laser skin resurfacing is not advised to people dealing with acne issues. Also, dark toned people should not get it or it might lead to hyperpigmentation.
Pros Of Laser Skin Resurfacing:
- Tightens and smoothes wrinkles
- Improves acne scars
- Reduces pigmentation and imperfections
- Reduces large pore appearance
Cons Of Laser Surface Resurfacing:
- Not good for darker toned people
- People prone to scarring are not eligible
- Can cause redness and swelling
- Can cause cold sores
Microdermabrasion exfoliates gently removes the upper layer of the skin using abrasion or suction method. During the procedure, minute diamond studded tips are used to abrade the skin and vacuum suction to remove the dead skin from the skin.
Microdermabrasion is best for treating scarring, stretch marks, skin discoloration and sun damage issues. Though, it is not useful for deep wrinkles and scarring marks.
Pros Of Microdermabrasion:
- Comparatively safer and painless
- Improves skin texture
- Helpful to even out skin tone
- Helps to removes fine lines and superficial wrinkles
- Aids in reduction of oil from skin
- Reduces the appearance of large pores
Cons Of Microdermabrasion:
- Only effective for superficial wrinkles
- Effectiveness is indirectly proportional to age
- Possible redness
- Minor bruising
- Skin sensitivity
This article is solely for information purposes. We are more than sorry if it resulted in inconvenience for any soul. Like mentioned in the beginning, wrinkles are a natural thing and no-body needs to be ashamed of them. We stand strong with all the beautiful hearts reading this article.